All gifts are from God above, these include talents, skills, spiritual gifts, anointings, and callings so that we can serve God in purity. Spiritual gifts and callings are not an indication of our relationship with God. God gives everything liberally and to whom He chooses. There are requirements to serving God effectively and successfully. They are love for God and love for one another, but these too require sincere motives. If we are representatives of Christ, then we must represent all aspects of Him including purity and holiness. We also must strive for effectiveness and fruitfulness in our lives, this dedicating everything to the Lord, there is nothing the enemy should find in us (John 14:30). Walking in reverential fear of the Lord, obeying the Holy Spirit, staying in the Word of God, being correctable and teachable, and surrounding yourself with people who can hold you accountable will keep us in check and effective in life.
Gifts, callings, anointings, talents, and skills can be defiled and become ineffective in one’s life. The ineffectiveness can be evidenced by limited impact, lack of fruitfulness or failure to attain the full potential the gifts were meant to generate. It is God’s will for each person to succeed. Success though is contingent on us utilizing each gift the way God intended for its use. The following is a prayer to consecrate gifts, talents, anointing, and callings to the Lord.
- James 1:17-Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
- 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 -There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and everyone, it is the same God at work.
- Ephesian 4:11-13-So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors, and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
- Titus 1:15 -To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled.
- Ezekiel 44:23 -And they shall teach My people the difference between the holy and the unholy and cause them to discern between the unclean and the holy.
- John 4.24- God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
- Psalms 24:3-6 -Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully. He will receive blessing from the Lord and righteousness from the God of his salvation. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob.
- Jeremiah 17:10 -I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give to each man according to his ways, According to the results of his deed.
- 1 Chronicles 28:9– As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.
Thanksgiving-prayer– Father in the Name of Jesus, I thank you for choosing me and calling me your own. I thank you for every gift, skill, talent, and occupation you have given me. I thank you for the impact and effects of these gifts in my life and the life of others in Jesus’ Name Amen.
Repentance-prayer-Now God, I repent for any way I have mishandled or misused the gifts you have given me. I ask for Your forgiveness.
- I repent for turning my backs on the gifts and refused to use the talents and anointing you have given me
- I repent for refusing to accept my calling, gifts, talents, and anointing, I repent for neglecting them and ask for Your forgiveness
- I repent for despising, or not valuing the talents, gifts, and anointing that You have given me- I ask for Your forgiveness
- Holy Spirit I repent for not inquiring of You concerning the gifts, what they are, or how to use them to glorify God. Forgive me, Father
- Father, I repent and ask for Your forgiveness if I have used these gifts and office for self-self-gain or self-glory
- I repent for becoming prideful or rebellious in the use of them.
- I repent Lord and ask for your forgiveness for having defiled these gifts, skills, anointing, and callings knowingly or unknowingly
- Forgive me Lord if by any means knowingly or unknowingly the gifts talents, gifts, and anointing have been used to further the kingdom of darkness rather than Your Kingdom.
- I repent of all occasions in which the gifting or anointing you gave me was used, willingly or unwillingly, for anything other than your work and according to your will
- I repent and ask for Your forgiveness s Lord for all these in Jesus’ Name. I now receive my forgiveness in Jesus Name
Prayer to Submit each gift, skill, talent, anointing, and calling to the Lord-Father in the Name of Jesus, I now submit every gift, talent, skill, anointing, calling, and office you have given and appointed me to You.
- I acknowledge and declare that Lord Jesus Christ you are the giver of them, and I submit to Your Lordship.
- Holy Spirit I submit each gift, talent, and office to You. I acknowledge You Holy Spirit as my teacher, counselor, and executor of them all.
- I declare them holy and consecrated to You.
In the Name of Jesus and by the Blood of Lamb, I renounce all evil attachments to my gifts, talents, anointing, office, and calling.
- I also ask that you remove all false anointing and giftings-Lord, search every area of my life, and remove all deceptive gifts or anointing.
- The Blood of Jesus cleanse and purify them now in Jesus Name-Father, wash and consecrate every gift, talent, and anointing in the precious blood of Jesus.
- I ask that the Blood of Jesus cleanse and purge off generational iniquities, sins, or transgressions impacting my calling, gifts, and anointing in Jesus’ Name.
- In the Name of Jesus, I cancel all curses and assignments against my anointing, calling and gifts, in my lifetime and the lives of future generations, those present, those not yet born, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and up to one thousand generations from now on
- Lord, I also ask that you prevent anything from being set up in front of or over the anointing you have given me.
Father God, I thank you for the Blood of Jesus, – because through the shed Blood we were redeemed.
- I now ask that You redeem all anointing and gifting sequestered by Satan, even from past generations- let them be redeemed to further Your Kingdom from now on.
- Lord God, I submit every instrument in my spirit, body, and soul unto You for Your use and your glory.
- I thank you for equipping me for every good work that you have called me to I commit to utilizing the gifts, talents, anointing, and calling you have given me only for your glory and purposes.
- Holy Spirit I submit to you- Hide my anointing under your precious blood as I abide in You
- Now, I ask that you unblock, free, and open all gifts and anointing.
- Father baptize me afresh with the Holy Spirit and with Fire. Activate all gifts for Your glory in Jesus Name I pray-Amen